Thursday, February 27, 2014

WBCP's Talking Sports 2-14-14

A few weeks ago, I was invited and had the great pleasure of joining two distinguished gentlemen of the Champaign-Urbana community on their sports talk show.  Every Friday afternoon from 2-4pm, Joe Stovall, Sam Britten, and Michael Cox, discuss sports on the local radio channel.  Encouraged to invite me on by his intern, Peggie LaFrance who has read my blog and facebook discussions, Sam Britten called and asked me to join them to talk about the many "controversial" social issues that were prevalent in the news at that time.  Sam told me that they do not usually discuss these topics and felt with my academic and professional background I would be a great addition to their program.  I gladly accepted.  This was my first appearance on a radio show to discuss sports with the added bonus that it was being recorded for a later broadcast which would be a first for me as well.  WBML 1580AM radio is located in my hometown of Champaign, Illinois and made my first radio show/television appearance where it should be, my home!  It was a great pleasure and I hope that I get a chance to make many more appearances on the show!  Thanks Sam, Joe, Michael, and Peggi for making me feel right at home!  ENJOY!!     


The video below was posted by UPTV (Urbana Public Television). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYkx_bIpFv0


Thanks for taking the time to watch!  My life's goal is to become the Oprah of Sport Talk shows and I believe this was my first step toward reaching that goal!!  Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment