Saturday, December 26, 2009

Life on a 3/5 card!

I believe that things that happen in the movies, happen somewhere to some people. The world has become so cynical that we have stopped believing in happy endings. What I have decided is that at the age of 32, I don't have a choice. Believing is the only thing that I have left. If I stop believing than I might as well put a gun to my head and end it all. Believing is how I have lived my life thus far, and believing is what I am. I believe that happy endings happen. Everyday!!

Life on a 3/5 Card
by Nameka R. Bates
I believe that a man can fall in love with a woman at first sight.
I believe that a man can not cheat on his wife.
I believe that there are good people in the world.
I believe that there is still a such thing as when a boy meets a girl.
I believe that when the clock strikes 12...
Well you know the rest
My point here is that there is nothing wrong with still believing
Creating a life that is based on your imagination of what it might be
While all the time understanding that you may never see
The reality that we are not in control
And at the end only God has foreseen the story that will be told
So the next time that you buy me a bouquet of flowers
Take a moment before you write on that 3/5 card
Share the words that will tell a story
So that each person who might read it
Can imagine your words apply to them and relinquish all their worry

Set aside your personal criticisms of these movies and just enjoy the happy endings. :)


Not Easily Broken
Constellation

Hitch

Meet the Browns

Beauty Shop



No comments:

Post a Comment