Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Original Name

The name of this website was going to represent all that is beautiful about Black people, and that starts with our beginning. A very wise friend of mine suggested that I utilize the name of the first freed slave or the slave name of the family who earned their freedom papers. I thought this was a great idea, however despite all my efforts I could not find the names. So, I thought I would post this on my blog so that one day someone who is following me or read this randomly might assist me in finding this information.

I decided to name this blog Black A.C.C.E.S.S. because I want our community to have a opportunity to access all that is wonderful about being "Black in America". Though I am in the process of preparing for my qualifying exams, I plan to utilize this blog as my sanity. Most of the things that I post will be sports related. I will also focus on putting positive spins on the negative images put in the news about Black people.

No comments:

Post a Comment