Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Activist Break : Faith


Every now and again I consider the world outside of sports.  While sports permeates most spheres of our lives, there are small spaces that sport does not necessarily have an applicable voice.  I hope that my blogs offer you some insight into my sports sociological perspective, as well as the lens through which I view the world, in general.  This lens is developed first and foremost by the personal experiences that inspire and direct my life.  I will share "Activist Breaks" with you in order to expose my lens that should help guide your interpretation of my posts.  Enjoy!

After watching an episode of Oprah's "Super Soul Sunday" with Devon Franklin, he said something that resonated with me.  I share with you a quote that inspired me and my personal thought that followed.

"If I embrace who I am, it will open doors and not shut them" - Devon Franklin

My Thoughts:
I HAVE TO BELIEVE God's plan for me is aligned with the path I am on! 
And if I am on the wrong path, I believe he will put me back on track!
I believe the mistakes I have made has made me a better person, friend, daughter, and eventually THE BEST wife and mother!

I believe this is my sequel!
I am very proud of the hurdles that I have vaulted and the races I have won!
I am READY for my next chapter!


I have always been known for my unconventional methods of leadership development and mentorship.  This thought inspires me to never again question whether or not the choices that I made were right or wrong, but suitable for me to be true to who I am.  Thanks to all my former students who constantly remind me that the space we shared mattered!


No comments:

Post a Comment